From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old kernels are installed during the upgrade
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 21:48:12
1 On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > If the kernel devs cared to announce when they were patching exploits then we could take each
4 > one under consideration individually. But the kernel devs are secretive about kernel exploits, because
5 > they know there are literally millions of systems out there on the internet with kernels months and years old.
8 I'm skeptical of that claim. I think it is more that they don't want
9 to try to track which commits are associated with CVEs. I believe
10 they've said as much publicly. They're not particularly secretive
11 about exploits except when they're under embargo (such as at the
12 present moment).
15 Rich