From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] complex depencies - how to cut the Gordian knot?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:03:19
1 On Friday 10 July 2009 12:44:36 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm upgrading Gentoo nearly each day for 2 years now.
5 > But once in a while I'm lost, like this time
6 >
7 > emerge --keep-going -j2 -1 --ask --update --newuse --deep @system @world
8 > gives a lot of blockings which I don't quite understand (and there are
9 > so many) - see below.
10 >
11 > I'd be very grateful to some hint how to proceed in such a case.
12 > I've already looked at the dependencies of some of these packages
13 > but I can't find the reason for those blockings.
14 >
15 > (I'm using portage 2.2_rc33)
16 >
17 > Many thanks for your help,
18 > Helmut.
19
20 You have a mixture of qt-4.5.1 and 4.5.2 packages there.
21
22 Do you perhaps have x11-libs/qt installed? Unmerge it, it's a meta package and
23 you don't need it. Let other apps that use qt pull in the necessary packages.
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com