From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I control size of /run (tmpfs)?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 08:18:07
1 On Sun, 27 May 2012 04:29:17 +0000, Joshua Murphy wrote:
2
3 > Well, given that it's there, it cleans up after itself, and it avoids
4 > issues in the instance where /var isn't available early on, is there
5 > much reason _not_ to link /var/run and /var/lock over to their
6 > respective equivalents on /run? And both with and without /var mounted
7 > (so they exist and are writable even if /var doesn't come up)?
8
9 I did that months ago to resolve an issue with a specific package that
10 hadn't been updated to use /run at the time. I never got round to
11 removing the links and it has caused no problems.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!