From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc upgrade and firefox/seamonkey issues
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 22:01:09
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I recently did a upgrade which included glibc. Now both Firefox and
5 > Seamonkey has problems starting. I have several profiles and some
6 > work and some don't. Using safe-mode works which makes me think the
7 > browsers themselves are OK but something else got messed up. The only
8 > package I see that I just updated is glibc that might could cause this
9 > issue. This is the recent emerge list from emerge.log:
10 >
11 > <<<< SNIP >>>>
12 >
13 > I see a couple python packages but not sure that they would affect
14 > anything. Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a clue what
15 > could cause it?
16 >
17 > Right now, I'm testing to see if it is a add-on that is causing it.
18 > I'm cutting them on one at a time but since sometimes it works and
19 > sometimes it don't, makes it hard to know if it is even a add-on or
20 > not much less which one.
21 >
22 > I thought about going back to the old version of glibc but we know
23 > that is not a good idea. That one is sort of a one way street. If no
24 > one has any ideas, I may try a emerge -e world and see if that helps any.
25 >
26 > Thanks much.
27 >
28 > Dale
29 >
30 > :-) :-)
34 OK. My emerge -e world finished, with a couple that failed such as
35 libreoffice, kscreen and such, but the problem remains. Since no one
36 else is having this problem, based on no one posting about it, then I
37 have to assume it is a add-on I use. Also, safe-mode works too. Odd
38 thing is, when I start it on the command line to see if it reports any
39 errors, I get the same output whether it works or not. This is what I
40 get either way.
44 dale@fireball / $ seamonkey -p -new-instance
45
46 (process:11385): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
47 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
48
49 (process:11385): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
50 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
51 dale@fireball / $
54 No clue what that Glib error is about but either way, it works even when
55 it spits out that error. So, now to play with these add-ons and see
56 which one is the offender. One of them is about to be on my bad list.
57 So far, adblock works. Whew!!!
58
59 Dale
60