From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Probably off-topic] How do I find out what is consuming the bandwidth?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 01:13:49
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Steve <Gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > Situation: There's a LAN with a Netgear ADSL router... heterogenous OS,
5 > including Gentoo, are installed on various PCs on the LAN.
6 >
7 > I'd like to know what communicating IPs are consuming most bandwidth,
8 > and to quantify how much bandwidth they are using... Ideally, I'd like
9 > to see a real-time list of the main bandwidth consuming communicators...
10
11 So you want to monitor the traffic going through your router?
12
13 I imagine that would be difficult to do from one of the endpoints in
14 your LAN (your Gentoo box). The switch should only route to your
15 machine traffic destined for it, so how to measure the bandwidth the
16 other machines are consuming between themselves and the outside world?
17
18 If there is a way to do this I'd be very interested :)
19
20 Mike
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list