From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-lang/php-5.1.4 emerge failing
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 18:16:12
1 Jason Ausmus wrote:
2 > Okay, here's another one:
3 >
4 > I can't emerge dev-lang/php-5.1.4. It fails like this:
5 >
6 > ---------------------------------
7 >
8 > checking for mSQL support... no
9 > checking for MSSQL support via FreeTDS... yes
10 > checking for dnet_addr in -ldnet_stub... no
11 > checking for MySQL support... yes
12 > checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket...
13 > /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
14 > checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
15 > configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under /usr/lib/mysql.
16 > Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled anymore!
17 >
18 > !!! ERROR: dev-lang/php-5.1.4 failed.
19
20 I see that you're updating from 5.1.1 which was released several month
21 ago, maybe Dec/Jan? Around that time slotted Mysql was active. It is
22 possible that you Mysql libs are installed into /usr/lib/mysql-500 or
23 something similar? Assuming you do I'd update Mysql first to a non
24 slotted build and then try to install PHP again.
25
26 BTW if you're messing with Mysql 5.0 there was a default charset change
27 from latin1 to utf8 around that time as well so watch your my.conf file.
28 Bugzilla was very unhappy when its charsets suddenly changed.
29
30 kashani
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list