From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS setup
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 09:01:03
1 On 18 August 2019 10:01:18 CEST, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On to the next problem...
3 >
4 >This workstation serves as compute host to two smaller boxes on the
5 >network. I
6 >NFS-mount the PORTDIR of the smaller box in a chroot on this one, then
7 >do
8 >emerging and so on to build packages which I install later on the
9 >smaller box.
10 >
11 >That works fine on one of the smaller boxes, but on the other I get a
12 >different port being used for NFS transfer every time. So I have to
13 >change the
14 >holes in the firewall before anything useful happens.
15 >
16 >As far as I can see, everything to do with NFS is identical on the two
17 >boxes,
18 >in particular kernel config, /etc/conf.d/nfs and /etc/exports, but I
19 >must have
20 >missed something. SSH and SCP are not affected.
21 >
22 >Any ideas?
23
24 Check the file /etc/conf.d/nfs in the nfs server.
25 There are settings documented there (using -p and -o options to fix the port numbers for the different parts.
26
27 I had the same issue in the past, which is why I remember.
28 I solved it by moving all NFS stuff onto a seperate VLAN which is only for storage.
31 Joost
32 --
33 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.