From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] SATA II Hard Drive problems - revisited...
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:43:26
1 Chris Walters <cjw2004d <at> comcast.net> writes:
2
3 > I thought I'd give an update on my hard drive situation. By using
4 > "hdparm -I", rather than "hdparm -i", I was able to find out that my
5 > hard drive is operating in UDMA6 mode in Gentoo.
6
7 > Thanks to all who tried to help.
10 Hello Chris,
11
12 This is a 'long shot' in the dark, cause I have not read anything about
13 your problem, but, do make sure you check for any 'pc bios' settings.
14 Linux is suppose to ignore bios settings and do it's own thing, but,
15 at least on video ram, I've had to adjust the factory defaults to get
16 max video ram on some systems. I think there are a few bugs floating
17 about with how the linux kernel and the default bios interact.
20 just a wag (wild ass guess)
23 James
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list