From: Gene Hannan <gjhannan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Image viewer with brightness/contrast adjustments
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 02:05:40
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I noticed something today. I was looking at a image that I took with a
6 > camera and it was a bit dark. I think I used Kview in KDE3 and it had a
7 > option to adjust brightness and contrast. I can't find that in the KDE4
8 > Gwenview which I guess replaced the other program I was using. So, I
9 > looked in porthole to see what I could find to use instead. Most of the
10 > home pages show screen shots and all but I can't tell which ones has a
11 > easy brightness/contrast adjustment tool.
12 >
13 > Does someone here use something that is fast to load, small, will work
14 > with KDE and adjust brightness/contrast and maybe some other simple
15 > things? Right now, I'm using GIMP but it is serious over kill to just
16 > view a image and tweak a setting or two. It also takes a while to load
17 > as well. I'm looking for something much smaller.
18 >
19 > Ideas? Thanks.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
24
25 You might like the photo editor that comes with digikam.