From: matthew.garman@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to do "account management" across multiple Unix boxes?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:52:58
1 Is there a term for the situation where you have one computer as the
2 "user account master" and every other machine recognizes all user
3 accounts that are specified on the master?
4
5 I'm sure there's plenty of packages and documentation on how to do
6 this, but I don't know what it's called, so I don't know where to
7 start looking.
8
9 Basically, I have one OpenBSD box and three gentoo boxes. I'd like
10 to have the same user accounts on all of them, but not have to
11 manually create them each time. Especially for dealing with Samba
12 and NFS, it's nice to have consistent accounts.
13
14 Given the name of a couple key packages and/or web links, I think I
15 could figure the rest out.
16
17 Thanks!
18 Matt