From: Thijs Brobbel <tieze@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] revert reiserfsck --rebuild-tree --scan-whole-partition
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:21:17
1 Hi, I've done a really stupid thing. I deleted 2 files by accident and
2 I wanted to get them back from my reiserfs partition, after some googling,
3 http://www.antrix.net/journal/techtalk/reiserfs_data_recovery_howto.comments
4 gave an answer. Without reading the whole page, I went right away and
5 I did a
6 # reiserfsck --rebuild-tree --scan-whole-partition /dev/hda7
7 (I know, I know, I should have read the whole thing --I usually do
8 that-- but somehow I though a fsck would hurt my partition, o boy, how
9 wrong was I...). So this completely fucked up my partition (old files
10 got merged with existing files, so this pretty much makes most files
11 useless). So is it possible to revert the partition back, somehow? I
12 really need this, I don't quitte have the time for a reinstall *from
13 scratch* (beside that most programs and libraries are corrupted now and
14 I'm guessing that most comfig files will be too, which makes them
15 pretty much useless).
16
17 So any thought here, I'd very much appreciate it?
18
19 TIA, Ties
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list