From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ntfs-3g access rights
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 15:41:06
1 On 10/03/2010 05:13 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > On a box which dual boots into MSWindows I mount a ntfs partition using fstab
5 > as follows:
6 >
7 > /dev/sda9 /mnt/data ntfs-3g defaults,noatime,locale=en_GB.utf8 0 0
8 >
9 > however, when I ls the contents all files and directories are shown as:
10 >
11 > (d)rwxrwxrwx
12 >
13 > The problem is that these are different to the MSWindows rights and also if I
14 > untar any fs in there then the access rights of that tarred fs are not
15 > retained.
16 >
17 > What is an appropriate way to configure this so that the Linux user has the
18 > same access rights as the MSWindows user?
19 >
20 > PS. I have set up a UserMapping file, but this has not made any difference.
21
22 AFAIK, it's not possible. Windows access rights are totally different
23 than Unix ones.