From: Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RTL8192CU
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:46:48
1 Hi,
2
3 I had a rtl8192ce in my laptop. Nothing but problems with Linux. Don't
4 know why, but the signal strength always was much better when using Windows.
5
6 For me, the rtl8192ce only worked when using it as a module, not hard
7 compiled in the kernel.
8 Second, it is important to know that this WiFi Card stopped working for
9 me with kernels > 3.17. The card was detected but it didn't show up any
10 WiFis.
11 I read that there were fundamental changes to the rtlwifi stack in 3.18.
12
13 Eventually I decided to buy a new card and better card (Intel Centrino,
14 I now can connect to 5GhZ networks :) ) for my laptop and I'm so happy
15 now :)
16
17 No more Realtek WiFi cards for me.
18