From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: "No CUDA device found" with nvidia-drivers newer than nvidia-drivers-396.24-r1(
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:46:22
1 August 15, 2018 2:02 PM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > ...sorry, I am no native speaker...I dont understand.
3 >
4 > I did not know how to disable CUDA on both cards.
5 > So...since it works perfectly with the old driver I would think:
6 > No, CUDA is enabled (or at least the old driver does this for me).
7 >
8 > Then I do an "emerge <new nvidia-driver-version>" and CUDA stops
9 > working. I do not change anything else nor do I know, who/what could
10 > disable CUDA on both cards ... except for the driver itsself.
11 >
12 > This is weird.
13 >
14 > Again, for logical reasons I think, that the culprit is either the
15 > driver itsself or a missing (and therefor undocumented) configuration
16 > step needed for the new drivers.
17 >
18 > The cards are not "old" in any sense.
19
20 Ok, what I meant is : how did you check CUDA "was not working"? And could you check it on both cards.
21
22 Also, as said by realnc, did you reboot ?
25 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera