From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Different install prefix - howto ?
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 11:15:25
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:21:05 +0200 (CEST) Helmut Jarausch
4 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5
6 > I'd like to install an experimental package with a different prefix,
7 > say /usr/local/test
8 > What should I write into the ebuild file?
9
10 I don't think the ROOT environment variable when emerging is what you
11 want. I think you can just append "--prefix=/usr/local/test" to the
12 call to "econf". All of this assumes usage of autoconf, of course.
13 Another common approach is to set DESTDIR to ${D}/usr/local/test for
14 "make install".
15
16 See http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
17