From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM for data drives but not the OS
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 15:14:35
1 On Friday 08 April 2011 09:45:48 Dale wrote:
2 > Joost Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > On Friday 08 April 2011 08:40:18 Dale wrote:
4 > >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > >>> On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 05:42:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
6 > > Yes. correct. Don't forget to set the partition type to "Linux LVM"
7 > > (8e).
8 >
9 > That would be done in cfdisk I presume. I think that is where I saw that.
10
11 Or in fdisk. Basically any decent partitioning tool can do it.
12
13 > >> Then comes in the rest of the stuff that I am still trying to
14 > >> get a grip on.
15 > >
16 > > I'm confident you'll get there.
17 >
18 > One of these days.
19
20 :)
21
22 > >> This reminds me of catching a catfish. It's slimy and hard to get a
23 > >> grip on. lol
24 > >
25 > > So are most fish, I believe...
26 > > Do you fish with your bare hands?
27 > >
28 > > --
29 > > Joost
30 >
31 > I love to fish. I have issues with stress which is why I try to avoid
32 > it when I can so fishing is good for me plus I like to eat fish. I fish
33 > with a rod and a hook but they usually don't like when you start pulling
34 > the hook out.
35
36 Ok...
37 Only time I ever went fishing was in some fishing farm in France.
38 The fish there were quite good at eating the bait of the hooks. It ended up
39 being a timing contest:
40 - Bait on hook
41 - Hook in water for less then a second
42 - Pull out hook
43
44 If you timed it right, the fish would be hooked.
45 Too quick, and fish wouldn't bite.
46 Too slow, and fish would be gone, with bait....
47
48 > He tends to want to get away. That's where the slimy
49 > part comes in. I'm not sure where you are from but in some parts of the
50 > USA, some bright people do fish with their hands, usually very large
51 > catfish too. I saw it on TV and I wish I could catch one of those, even
52 > if I would need a new rod. A fish that size would likely break my rod
53 > unless I was using the deep sea fishing rod. Those fish weigh 30 lbs
54 > and some LOTS more. It's like pulling a teenager out of the water.
55 > O_O They are big.
56
57 That's a small teenager then. Only 30lbs (less then 25 kilos) :)
58
59 FYI: I'm in the Netherlands, Europe and looking forward to the weekend, hope
60 the weather stays like this (sunny, clear sky, hardly any wind)
61
62 > OK. Back to LVM. lol
63
64 Oki...