From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compare two Gentoo machines - please help
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 09:24:58
1 Thanks to all of you who have tried to help me.
2
3 As it turned out, comparing MD5 sum is intractable,
4 /usr/lib64 alone contained more than 500,000 files !
5
6 The /etc tree didn't show significant differences.
7
8 So, I resorted to keep my 4 cores busy over the weekend to
9 re-emerge the whole machine.
10
11 That's the price for a highly configurable and up-to-date system like
12 Gentoo - but I like it. But it's the first time I needed to do it since
13 several years, now.
14
15 Helmut.
16