From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stop an emerge (compilation), halt the PC, boot and continue the emerge
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:29:54
1 On Monday 20 Jun 2016 15:52:54 Ian Bloss wrote:
2 > Usually what I'll do is ctrl-z which pauses emerge, and then I'll run
3 > pm-suspend to put the machine to sleep. After I turn it back on again I'll
4 > issue fg and emerge will resume.
5 >
6 > The --resume flag just attempts to continue a failed emerge list.
7
8 In addition, if you can use the same procedure for hibernate (to disk) if for
9 some reason you need to completely remove power from your PC.
12 Regards,
13 Mick