From: stuart@×××××××××.uk
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system clock keeps getting reset to weird times
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:08:27
1 On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 11:48:23PM +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Charles Trois wrote:
3 > > ~ # ls -l /etc/localtime
4 > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 Nov 22 20:39 /etc/localtime ->
5 > > /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Paris
6 > >
7 > > and in /etc/conf.d/clock:
8 > >
9 > > CLOCK="local"
10 >
11 > Did you maybe change this last one after your last reboot? Because
12 > then the system time won't have changed accordingly. Do a 'hwclock
13 > -hctosys' to set the system time from the hardware clock.
14 >
15 > > What else can I check?
16 >
17 > Is the clock initscript run? Check with 'rc-update -s'. If it is,
18 > try removing it from the startup sequence, see if that solves it.
19 >
20 > Is date maybe aliased? Check with 'type date'.
21 >
22 > Benno
23 > --
24 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
25 >
26 Hi
27
28 Not ideal but as a workaround should your investigation not go well you
29 could install an NTP type client. I would recommenf "chronyd" as a
30 simple way of doing this, worked a treat when I had a similar issue a
31 few monthes ago.
32
33 stu
34 --