From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] coldplug replaces /etc/modules.autoload.d ?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:18:40
1 On Tuesday 13 December 2005 13:04, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm still trying to figure out what exactly coldplug does. Is it a
3 > replacement for /etc/modules.autoload.d ?
4
5 Yes and no. Basically what coldplug does is that it works with other services
6 in order to automatically load modules given certain events. To come up with
7 a better explanation. If my visor/ipaq modules are not loaded for my PDA,
8 and I plug my palm or ipaq into my USB port, the modules will automatically
9 be loaded for the devices.
10
11 > - Grant
12