From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LVM: Pro and Contra ?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:34:05
1 Hi,
2
3 Soon I will change me system from PATA (80GB) to SATA (200GB). I am
4 playing with installing LVM for all parts of the filesystem with the
5 execption of the / -filesystem. May be I will convert this later,
6 too, but one step after the other...
7
8 But I have no idea about the Pros and Contras of using LVM instead of
9 the classical fixed size partition scheme.
10
11 Can someone point me to a text or something which explains this
12 aspect of LVM ?
13
14 I tried google but there far too many "Pro and Contra" texts about
15 other things.....
16
17 Thanks a lot in advance for any help in advance!
18 mcc
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list