From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 13:18:34
1 On 10/4/2014 1:37 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
2 > The KDE release structure has evolved[1], decoupling the release cycle
3 > of the Platform, Workspace, and Applications. This means that there is
4 > no longer a single Software Compilation in the same way there was with
5 > KDE 4.
6
7 Interesting.
8
9 Has this been discussed in detail before? What is the consensus about
10 this in the gentoo dev world? Meaning - is it a good or bad thing? I've
11 been thinking about giving KDE a try again, but still read enough
12 negative things about it to give me pause (my time is very limited so I
13 have to pick/choose what I want to spend it on)...