From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to switch from rust to rust-bin?
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 19:43:01
1 Am Sonntag, 6. September 2020, 16:39:27 EEST schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
2 > On 06/09/2020 10:48, Walter Dnes wrote:
3 > > I notice that there is a "rust-bin" ebuild present. If nothing else,
4 > >
5 > > I'd like to switch over to that to save the notebook from unnecessary
6 > > grinding when rust updates. What's the procedure for selecting it?
7 >
8 > emerge -C dev-lang/rust
9 > emerge -a1 virtual/rust dev-lang/rust-bin
10 > emerge -auD @world
11 > emerge -a --depclean
12
13 That works, but pretty please try something else first!
14
15 # make sure source-based rust is not in the world file
16 emerge --deselect dev-lang/rust
17
18 emerge -1 dev-lang/rust-bin
19
20 It should be as easy as that. *If* all dependencies are fulfilled by both rust
21 and rust-bin, then the second emerge call will unmerge rust and merge rust-
22 bin.
25 Andreas K. Hüttel
26 dilfridge@g.o
27 Gentoo Linux developer
28 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)