From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] CURA font renderer
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 12:10:40
1 Hi,
2
3 Since cura/curaengine (portage) does not compile on my system and is
4 relatively old I downloaded cura for Linux from www.ultimaker.com.
5
6 This runs on my system without the installation of addtional
7 applications/libraries.
8
9 Unfortunately the font rendering screwed up and makes menu entries,
10 text boxes etc. hard to read.
11
12 This is an issue with cure, since the cura blog lists postings of
13 cura users, which have these kinds of problems on MacOSX (and nvida
14 cards).
15
16 I also run a nvidia card.
17
18 In the cura code the devs have already fixed that by switching the
19 font renderer (qs vs. native)...but this fix will be published
20 in cura 3.1 (current version is 3.04).
21
22 Something echoed in my brain to have similiar problems which an
23 application on Linux a long time ago and I fixed that by doing
24 "something" with the font renderer/font cache or such.
25
26 Any idea how to fix this font issue or trying to are very appreciated!
27 Cheers
28 Meino