From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-libs/glibc-2.15-r1
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:22:01
1 On 22/04/12 20:52, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 >
3 > Just browsed the changelog of glibc-2.15:
4 >
5 > http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-03/msg00836.html
6 >
7 > When I read the NEWS section there with all that "optimized" stuff I
8 > wonder if it makes any sense to rebuild packages here after upgrading glibc?
9
10 I think you're a bit confused about how shared libraries work. The
11 major reason for their existence is that when you update a shared
12 library, everything that was linked against it will use the updated
13 version. So if you installd glibc-2.15, all packages will now use that
14 version instead of 2.14.