From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg.conf
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:58:11
1 On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2
3 > One thing to check is do you have any /dev/nv* devices? There was a thread in
4 > the forums on this which has a script for recreating them and another thread
5 > on this list in which I posted it.
6 >
7 That was it. I found the thread, that's why I emerged the masked
8 versions of the driver (see my reply to myself).
9 BTW: the suggestion to put the script in /etc/conf.d/local.start seems
10 somewhat strange: doesn't /etc/init.d/local get executed after all other
11 scripts in the default runlevel? Doesn't this mean that the script would
12 be started _after_ the X server?
13
14 Jorge
15 --