From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo in chroot on s390
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:18:33
1 On Thursday 30 September 2010, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
5 > I've got some RHEL instance on an z/VM (s390) and like to get
6 > Gentoo running in chroot. Did anyone already do that ?
7 > Or any HOWTO ?
8
9 Me, some time ago. :) Have a look at
10 http://www.binro.org/gentoo-2008.6-s390x-unofficial.tar.bz2
11
12 Unpack it and follow the README. If you already have a RHEL image running it's
13 much easier because you do not need the starter system: just format new DASD,
14 unpack the stage 3 onto them and chroot.
15
16 Have fun!
17 -Robin
18 --
20 Robin Atwood.
21
22 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
23 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
24 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling