From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Virtualbox VMs not running under 3.0.0-gentoo
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 06:17:52
1 >> Yes, I believe that would be your issue. I just handled that when I first
2 >> moved over to openrc that i just added:
3 >>  modules="vboxdrv vboxnetadp vboxnetflt" without even thinking out/dealing
4 >> with kernel versions.
5 >>
6 >> Give it a whirl and see if it works after you reload 'em.
7 >
8 > Changed my modules file and now it works fine.
9 >
10 > Does what you show above work with the new methods? I'd FAR rather
11 > have that than this mess:
12
13 Yes, it does. I have virtually the same setup as you do (i.e.
14 VirtualBox + NVIDIA) and I did not have to make any changes when
15 upgrading to 3.0.