From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should I re-emerge after switching to new gcc profile?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:48:51
1 On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I had rough times upgrading my gcc. Finally, I did this:
5 >
6 > 1. Upgrade gcc in a chroot
7 > 2. Use quickpkg gcc to create binary package (inside chroot)
8 > 3. Use emerge -K  to install the created package
9 >
10 > I read it here: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-782003-start-0.html.
11 >
12 > I must say WOW, gentoo continues to amaze me.
13 >
14 > Now, the question is:
15 > Do I need to re-emerge something due to having new gcc?
16 > I'm pretty sure not, but just wanted to ask.
17
18 I don't think most people will agree with me, but I get away with this
19 because I've got CPU cycles to spare: When in doubt, "emerge -e
20 @world".
23 :wq