From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Buying a low-cost printer for Linux
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:59:43
1 On 2008-12-07, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I'll look around to find out about the .ppd file. I don't know
4 > what's in one. Only that when you tell CUPS that you have a printer
5 > you can use it.
6
7 The HP site says that the included CD has a .ppd file for use
8 with Mac OS. That .ppd file should work fine with CUPS. The
9 generic postscipt driver in CUPS should also work fine.
10
11 The linuxprinting.org database entry says the 1510 series
12 "works perfectly", so I don't think you have anything to worry
13 about.
16 Grant