From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT]: Is that (filesystem-)logic vald?
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:33:00
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> [14-05-13 03:00]:
2 > On 05/11/2014 08:25 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I have an embedded system with internal flash memory.
6 > > The internal flash memory contains some static files,
7 > > which are only be read and others, which get written
8 > > from time to time.
9 > >
10 > > The internal flash has a FAT32-formatted filesystem
11 > > and no real partiton (the device is directly fomratted
12 > > as so often with this kind of lash memories.
13 > >
14 > > From time to time the software crashes while updateing
15 > > some files (writing to them) leaving a unclean filesystem
16 > > behind.
17 > >
18 > > Often -- after fscking the filesystem -- files named
19 > > FSCK<number>.REC are left in the root of the filesystem.
20 > >
21 > > Is it correct to assume, that only those files are
22 > > affected by correcting the filesysten which were written/updated
23 > > before or is there any chance, that other, only read files
24 > > are also affected?
25 >
26 > I don't know the answer so I'll ask a question instead :)
27 >
28 > How long was the embedded system working correctly before
29 > the crashes started? Did it ever work correctly?
35 Yes, it works fine...as long it does not touch files, which
36 may be involved with those filesystem problems...
37
38 Best regards,
39 mcc