From: Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Tether a Google Nexus One?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 20:57:32
1 2011/5/3 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>:
2 > Does anyone know if a Google Nexus One cell phone can be USB tethered
3 > to a Gentoo system?  I use wvdial to accomplish this with other cell
4 > phones but I've read that the Nexus One doesn't work that way because
5 > it doesn't appear on the host system as a tty:
6 >
7 > http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?23,146509,147989
8 >
9 > There is a tethering option in the Nexus One settings but I can't
10 > figure out how to get my Gentoo laptop to use the tethered cell
11 > phone's internet connection.
14 What kind of device appears in the system when you plug in the phone ?
15 The last few lines of dmesg would give the best information.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Maciej Grela