From: Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X slowed down; is it KDE?
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:40:02
1 Hello,
2
3 Since this morning, Fluxbox has been running very slowly. For
4 instance, when I start Eterm, it takes about 3 to 5 seconds. Every
5 single time. And conky shows X climbing up to 100% CPU usage until I
6 get the terminal window.
7
8 Could this be because of my failed attempt to compile KDE? Emerge
9 failed at kde-base/kdelibs a few times, after which I gave up. Some 20
10 packages had already been installed, but I can't really see a
11 connexion. Nor have I tried to unmerge them, hoping to continue
12 installing KDE at a point when I have the time to figure out what is
13 wrong.
14
15 Thanks in advance,
16 Vlad
19 How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
20 Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list