From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why bash script, that works in "Debian", does not work on "Gentoo" install CD?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 12:22:55
1 On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 16:31:34 +0700, Ста Деюс wrote:
2
3 > > There was a bug in historic versions of bash, where it got confused
4 > > if the POSIX syntax for command expansion, that is $( ) , occurred
5 > > within a case statement. I don't know which version it was where it
6 > > got fixed, but I think it wasn't before 4.*. So what versions of
7 > > bash do you have on either system? If they aren't the same,
8 > > something like this is probably the answer.
9 >
10 > The versions are: 4.3 and 4.4. So. not the cause.
11
12 On what do you base that conclusion? Given that Ian said the fix *wasn't*
13 before 4.* and you haven't said which system is using which version. In
14 fact the bug was reported against Bash 4.3.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Become a gynaecologist, look up a friend today.