From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocks with xz-utils lzma-utils
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:44:23
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:44:41 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > How did this end up in the lzma/xz thread?
7 >> Well, this ain't working as well as I would like. I'm getting a lot of
8 >> failures. Something like this:
9 >>
10 >> * subversion check out start -->
11 >> * repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk
12 >> svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly
13 >> * ERROR: kde-base/kate-9999 failed:
14 >> * subversion: can't fetch to
15 >> /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/kdesdk/kdesdk from
16 >> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk.
19 > Why are you trying to install the svn version?
22 Well, I was hoping I could get a newer version of KDE 4 that would
23 actually DO something. lol
26 >> I may just go back to a more stable setup.
29 > Like the standard KDE 4 in portage?
32 Which doesn't do what I need for it to be usable?
35 >> Oh well. I just wish they had supported KDE 3 longer cause KDE 4 is
36 >> just not ready for what I do. I get a screen full of crap about KDE 3
37 >> being masked when updating too. Sort of bugs me.
40 > Add the kde-sunset overlay and all that will disappear. KDE3 still works
41 > on Gentoo, it's just not supported in portage any more.
44 I already have kde-sunset and I still get those messages. I don't know
45 if it is because it is leaving portage or if it is even being removed
46 from kde-sunset. I just know I get them and it increases each time I sync.
47
48 I know this, KDE has left a really bad taste in my mouth with how they
49 handled this release. They should have supported KDE 3 until KDE-4.5,
50 or at least KDE 4.4 was out and stable. Right now, I can't go a day in
51 KDE 4. I'm always running into something that doesn't "work" yet.
52
53 This isn't as bad as hal but it's dang close.
54
55 Dale
56