From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debugging X
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:41:27
1 On 01:42 Wed 20 Aug, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > If I read this correctly, it appears that it can not find the keyboard or
4 > something. This is what makes me think that: "The XKEYBOARD keymap
5 > compiler (xkbcomp) reports: > Warning: Multiple names for > keycode 211".
6 >
7 > In your make.conf, do you have a line that is something like this:
8 >
9 > INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
10 >
11 > Also make sure you have something like the following in your xorg.conf
12 > file:
13 >
14 > Section "InputDevice"
15 > Identifier "Keyboard0"
16 > Driver "kbd"
17 > EndSection
18 >
19 > Section "InputDevice"
20 > Identifier "Mouse0"
21 > Driver "mouse"
22 > Option "Protocol" "auto"
23 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
24 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
25 > EndSection
26 >
27 > This may not have anything to do with the problem but it is something that
28 > didn't look right to me.
29 >
30 > Dale
31 >
33
34 Thats all there.
37 I'm not anti-social, I'm just not user friendly