From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is /tmp/jack busy?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:31:48
1 On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:36:40 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2) Understand why the Gentoo boot process want to wipe mounted
5 >> directories in /tmp since it won't work.
6 >
7 > Do you have wipe_tmp="yes" in conf.d/bootmisc? That tells baselayout to
8 > remove everything frmo /tmp instead of only known files.
11 > --
12 > Neil Bothwick
13 >
14 > Brain fried -- core dumped.
15 >
16 Thanks Neil. I've changed this option to "no".
17
18 What I'm currently running into is that after removing the /tmp/jack
19 setting in fstab jack itself doesn't run and for some reason flags on
20 almost all packages are looking messed up. Lots of flags showing up in
21 red that never did, almost every package showing up as
22 (~package_number) in eix. Something's gone a bit haywire it seems.
23
24 Maybe I'm seeing a bit of what Grant was asking about yesterday? :-)
25
26 I'm making sure that portage and eix are not testing versions and will
27 try again in a few minutes...
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark