From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] looking for a ftp client script
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:04:12
1 On Friday 27 February 2009 19:38:10 Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > * Weifeng Liu (weifengbbn@×××××.com) [27.02.09 09:02]:
3 > > Thanks Morten, but that AIX server only provides telnet access. :(
4 >
5 > No FTP, but telnet?
6 > Who on this shiny planet is administring this nightmare?
7 >
8 > If I were you I woud refuse to work with such a setup.
9
10 You should try working with ancient cisco kit sometime...
11
12 Or ancient decrepit name servers running Solaris that we've been trying to
13 decomm for 7 years (client just will not update their delegations upstream).
14
15 "refuse" is tempting but just not an option sometimes
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com