From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:03:23
1 On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 17:37 +0100, YoYo siska wrote:
2
3 > yop, that was it
4 >
5 > though you wrote about /dev/hda*, which means you should be a bit more
6 > carefull if you used the IDE drivers (under ATA/ATAPI/.... support,
7 > thats the "CONFIG_IDE" option) and disabled the CONFIG_IDE options, you
8 > have to enable it under
9 > Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers (CONFIG_ATA)
10 > and also your device might get renamed to sd* instead of hd* (I don't
11 > know, I have only a cdrom, that becomes sr0 ;)
12
13 yep, switch from CONFIG_IDE to Parallel ATA. And the drives will be
14 changed from hda to sda, so be prepared with a boot disk to change
15 fstab.
20 The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank.
21 -- Scotty