From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 09:56:57
1 On Mon, 3 May 2010 13:44:50 +0000, Colleen Beamer wrote:
2
3 > I can't disable my xdm login script. My computer boots to the login
4 > screen and the keyboard doesn't work so I can'l login to get a
5 > terminal session.
6
7 At the GRUB menu, add "gentoo=nox" to the kernel options, using the
8 method explained by Alan. The advantage of this method is that it gives
9 you a fully working system, running everything in your default runlevel
10 except xdm. When you have made the changes and want to test
11 them, /etc/init.d/xdm restart fires up X with no need to reboot.
12
13 Note for the pedants: The xdm init script is run, but it checks for the
14 nox flag and exits without starting X, that's why to need to restart it
15 to run X.