From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntp-daemons
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:41:26
1 On Wednesday 03 April 2013 00:36:00 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > I always used net-misc/ntp for syncing time.
3 >
4 > Now I found net-misc/chrony and set it up .... looks good so far.
5 >
6 > Any opinions and experiences on the various ways of getting THE TIME?
7
8 I've been using chrony for years now. It always seems smooth and simple to
9 me - apart from a silly log message that's emitted any time it goes for a
10 time source it hasn't seen before. Instead of saying it's created a new log
11 file for it, it says it's failed to open the log file. And then it just
12 creates it anyway.
13
14 Ho hum...
17 Peter