From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev and fstab
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:35:47
1 On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:15:20 +0200, Martins Steinbergs wrote:
4 > Gentoo udev Guide didnt answer my question, is it good idea to remove
5 > fstab entry for removables, i have this
6 > /dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder auto
7 > user,exec,noauto,managed 0 0 since fresh install and then there was
8 > devfs. Am I right that udev will handle mounts for /dev/hdc/ (DVD+CDRW)
9 > according to udev.rules what media is inserted?
10
11 udev handles the creation of the device nodes, mounting is handled by
12 hal. hal normally creates its own mount points in /media, but if the
13 device is listed in /etc/fstab, it will use whatever is in there.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Why is the word abbreviation so long?