From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] shorewall: which kernel options/modules
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 04:13:38
1 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Saturday 03 January 2015 16:04:04 lee wrote:
4 >
5 >> does someone exactly know which options/modules are required for
6 >> shorewall? I'm about to do a three-interface configuration, one of the
7 >> interfaces being a bridge. I couldn't find any documentation for recent
8 >> kernels and don't like the idea of enabling featuures that aren't
9 >> required.
10 >
11 > I can't say exactly which modules you need, but I think Shorewall will tell
12 > you about anything it can't find. At any rate, I remember having to set
13 > something in the kernel before it would run.
14 >
15 > # shorewall check
16 >
17 > is your friend.
18
19 Well, it didn't really tell me. I got to the point where it claimed
20 that matching support isn't enabled, though it was. There seem to be
21 different implementations of the firewall stuff, and I had to enable it
22 at another place. These billions of network options seem like quite a
23 mess ...
24
25 Now I probably have enabled a lot of things I don't need. At least it's
26 working :)
30 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
31 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.