From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] portage directory ownerships?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 20:10:04
1 Hello,
2
3 So looking at /etc/portage/repos.conf, it seems root.root owns these
4 files; shouldn't it be portage.portage? and /usr/portage
5
6 That got me thinking. Everywhere that portage operates or owns
7 things, should the ownership not be portage.portage
8 and what would the typical permissions be?
9
10 Is there a master list I can look at? Surely root not own all
11 these dirs, like /usr/portage/* ? My /usr/portage is root.root
12 and 755 on permissions, is that right?
13
14 If so, why?
15
16 In my /usr/local/portage and it's subdirs where I hack on many
17 ebuild, portage.portage owns everything.....?
18 Curious, and I cannot remember ever looking at this....
21 James