From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox/Watefox and jack?
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 16:38:34
1 On 05/05 11:22, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 > On 2020-05-05 10:38, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Is Firefox/Waterfox able to interface with jackd?
4 >
5 > Disclaimer, I do not use Jack.
6 >
7 > Firefox builds, in my personal experience, are intended to be used with
8 > pulseaudio and only pulseaudio. Some people have made some shims for making
9 > it worth with alsa, but they don't look sustainable.
10 >
11 > As the other poster said, this endeavor is likely to result in frustration.
12 > You may get it to 'work' for some value of that word, but depending on
13 > expectations, it may not be worth your while.
16 HI all,
17
18 thanks for the repsonse.
19
20 I am using waterfox, which is not in portage. The mentioning of
21 Forefox was onlu to make its heritage clear.
22
23 I already have some "experiences" make, when it comes to other things
24 for audio than alsa.
25
26 Background to my question:
27 I am still searching for a equalizer solution, which does not
28 uses the eq provided by the hardware (I am using a DAC, which
29 does nothing else, than converting PCM into an analog signal.
30 No processing whatsoever.
31
32 So the eq has to have some sort of DSP funktionality build in.
33
34 And it should be made for background processing.
35
36 Anu helpful alsa-based idea is very appreciated...
37
38 Cheers!
39 Meino