From: Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brother Printer
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2016 14:20:58
1 On Friday, 09. Dec 2016, 11:16:18 +0100, siefke_listen@×××.de wrote:
2 > On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 22:02:51 +0100
3 > Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I have a Brother MFC 7420. Yet, it's not connected to my
6 > > Gentoo but to a FreeBSD box. There, I completely ignored the
7 > > recommended drivers. I configured lpd (/etc/printcap) to
8 > > first pipe the PostScript/PDF documents through a
9 > > Ghostscript command.
10 > >
11 > > Then I wrap around this a simple self-written PJL frame.
12 > >
13 > > You can have my PJL generator if you want (It's in Ruby).
14 >
15 > Yes thanks if you like to share.
16
17 Say something like
18
19 $ sudo gem install pjl
20
21 or first examine it on <https://github.com/BertramScharpf/ruby-pjl>.
22
23 There's a small dependency on a gem "appl" that's also
24 available on RubyGems and on my Github page.
25
26 However, to the present day I did not manage to make the
27 scanner work on FreeBSD. I plug it into a Linux machine
28 before I scan.
29
30 Bertram
34 Bertram Scharpf