From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ansible, puppet and chef
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:19:52
1 On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:43:18PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Puppet seems to me a good product for a large site with 1000 hosts.
3 > Not so much for ~20 or so.
4
5 I find that for a few machines, puppet is overkill. For a lot of
6 machines, puppet can become unmanageable - with puppet master and
7 security being the culprit.
8
9 We have used puppet a lot but recently settled on salt (strictly
10 speaking not my decision so cannot really compare it with ansible) and
11 we are happy with the outcome. You might want to consider
12 app-admin/salt as well.
15 Eray