From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ABI_RISCV -> emerge wants to do heaps of work...
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 17:00:48
1 On Sat, 2020-09-12 at 00:49 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > emerge --ask -NuD world
3
4 > Is there a simple way of stopping this?
5
6 Unless I'm mistaken, this is happening because of the -N flag to
7 emerge. Since the ABI changes/additions add *new USE flags* for
8 packages, when you tell emerge to rebuild packages on finding new/added
9 USE flags, it wants to rebuild them.
10
11 I usually stick with -U (--changed-use) instead, when emerging world.
12 This only rebuilds packages when the flags *change*. Give that a go.