From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webcam ? Help me please...
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:30:35
1 Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@×××××.com> [09-07-25 12:16]:
2 > 2009/7/25 <meino.cramer@×××.de>:
3 > > ...the only thing I need is an application to make
4 > > the video visible and which allows me to save the
5 > > video and an application to control the
6 > > cameras features.
7 >
8 > I use "cheese", which let you take photos and videos. Under the menu
9 > "Edit/Preferences" I can customize the resolution.
10 >
11 > Manuel Fiorelli
12
13 Hi Manuel.
14
15 sounds good! Thanks for the hint. But,....
18 I installed cheese without complains of the compile process.
19 But starting cheese produces:
20
21 solfire:/home/mccramer>cheese
22 cheese: error while loading shared libraries: libplc4.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
23
24 And ldd /usr/bin/cheese produces beside other things:
25
26 libplc4.so.7 => not found
27 libplds4.so.7 => not found
28 libnspr4.so.7 => not found
29 libplc4.so.7 => not found
30 libplds4.so.7 => not found
31 libnspr4.so.7 => not found
32 libplc4.so.7 => not found
33 libplds4.so.7 => not found
34 libnspr4.so.7 => not found
35 libplc4.so.7 => not found
36 libplds4.so.7 => not found
37 libnspr4.so.7 => not found
40 Further investigations shows, that instead the *7* version of
41 that libs the *8* versions are installed on my box?
42
43 qsearch libplc
44 or
45 qsearch plc
48 doesnt produce anything meaningful.
49
50 /usr/lib/nspr, where libplc is located, is in /etc/ld.so.conf.
51
52 Lost?
53
54 mcc
59 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
60 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
61 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
62 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.