From: eroen <eroen@××××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: MD5SUM
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 04:28:22
1 On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 08:49:51 +0800, Guido Budack <glaivy@××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > md5sum livedvd-amd64-multilib-20121221.iso
4
5 > And now, any suggestion?
8 You don't specifically state what you are after, but I'll mention some
9 stuff anyway.
10
11 The gentoo livedvds are mostly meant as a showcase of gentoo's
12 capabilities. While they can be used to install gentoo, just like any
13 other linux live media in recent memory, they are not mainly intended
14 for this.
15
16 For installing gentoo, the minimal install livecd is recommended for
17 simple scenarios as noted in the handbook. For more complex setups,
18 notably installing without a wired network connection, I and many others
19 recommend using systemrescuecd[1]. If not using the gentoo minimal
20 install cd, please refer to [2] for some minor deviations from the
21 handbook that are often necessary.
22
23 1: http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
24 2: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Installation_alternatives#Installation_from_non-Gentoo_LiveCDs